The Naracoorte Caves National Park offers four spectacular caves; world renowned fossil sites and a glimpse into the secret world of bats. We run a range of themed learning programs.
The national park is perfect for a winter excursion, most activities are below ground and the temperature in the caves remains steady all year round. Our adventure caving program is a fantastic team building activity and can be tailored for most age groups.
Above ground, there are plenty of free outdoor activities for any season:
- self-guided night time walks (BYO torches)
- campfire activities
- World Heritage walk
- big grassy area for ball games and physical activities
- tennis court and net (BYO tennis gear)
- bird watching (bird list and bird identification book in the games cupboard, BYO binoculars)
- wildlife watching (wildlife identification sheets and a ‘scats and tracks’ book in the games cupboard).
With dormitory-style accommodation in the Wirreanda Bunkhouse and camping facilities, we cater for short term excursions and longer educational camps. School lunches can be ordered in advance through our Caves Café.
Contact us to discuss your school camp or excursion, we will help you to plan a visit that suits your requirements.
Please read the teacher and student notes for more information on planning your school visit.