World Heritage fossil sites
Naracoorte Caves is open. There are restrictions on the number of people that can undertake tours at any one time. Some cave tours can now be booked online, or you can visit and enjoy a tour by booking directly at the Wonambi Visitor Centre.
There are eleven fossil sites currently listed as World Heritage sites. These are:
- The Australian Fossil Mammal Sites, Naracoorte and Riversleigh
- The Burgess Shales, Canada
- Dinosaur Provincial Park, Canada
- The Messel Pits, Germany
- Olduvai Gorge, Tanzania
- Miguasha Park, Canada
- Cradle of Humankind, South Africa
- Ishygualasto Talampaya, Argentina
- Joggins Fossil Cliffs, Canada
- Wadii Al-Hitan, Egypt
- Dorset & East Devon Coast, UK
Learn more about the sites.